The second Monday in January is National Clean Off Your Desk Day, allegedly created by Ann Chase Moeller in 1982 and added to Chase’s Annual Events calendar. Setting aside some time to clear the clutter from your desk is a great way to start a new year.
Here are some things you can do to find space on your desk
- If you have things on your desk that do not relate to your work, remove them.
- If you keep things on your desk to remind yourself to do something, schedule the task on your calendar and get rid of the reminder.
- Put away files that you aren’t working with currently.
- Put loose papers into files.
- Put information from business cards into your contact management system.
The objective is not to have an immaculate desk, but to be able to find everything you need when you need it, without having to search.
What can you do to start clearing off your desk today? Click on Post a Comment, below, and tell us.